Friday, February 11, 2011

Welcome to Skyy's FLY FREE FRIDAY


Today's post is about women embracing each other without defacing each other!


Are you a friend or a FRENEMY?


Too many times we fault the woman over a man and let him ride without so much as a time out.


Here are a few questions I raise at the Ladies Night Out Events that I host, all of these answers are viable answers...mull these over sista's

1. #1 definition of a frenemy?
a. Someone you call a friend, but in truth they drive you crazy.
b. Fair weather friends that only want to hang out with you when their single
c. Friends that would rather hear about how miserable you are than about success in your life

2. What are the top three reasons why women hate on each other?
a. Low-Self Esteem, Stress & Misery
b. Mis-education, Other friends & Different personalities
c. Because of a man, Ignorance & Jealousy

3. #1 way sistas have learned to be their own worst enemy?
a. We grasp at whatever we can at each other’s expense.
b. We gang up on each other and bully each other.
c. We’re so protective of our own turf that we become a hindrance to other sistas

4. Top two traits possessed by woman that maintain positive female relationships
a. Put their needs 1st & knows how to have a good time
b. Defend them against gossip & respecting their point of view
c. Approachable & tell them what you honestly think

5. Top definition of a female PlayaHata?
a. They will look at another woman and say, 'I can't stand her, she thinks she's all that.'
b. All they do is sit around gossip and scheme.
c. They purposely like and go after men that are already taken.


Here is a piece I have posted on facebook as well ;-)

Sister My Sister
Sister my Sister, can I speak with you for a minute?
No, I don't want to hear your business,

cause I ain't trying to be in it.

I'd just like to talk with you if I could

and share my views on the lack of “real” sisterhood.


You see I'm guilty and maybe you are the same,

of judging my sisters without even knowing their name.

I look at their shape, comment on their hair

and talk about what they really should or shouldn't wear.

I roll my big eyes, I put my hands on my hips,

and not a kind word comes out of my “got the nerve“ lips.


Why can't I just smile, wave and say “hey,

I'm down with you sister, have a nice day“

We need to stick together, it would be great if we could,

To promote unity, understanding and “real“ sisterhood.


Without it we have nothing, why not go for it all,

for sisters united we stand, divided we fall.


So let's seize the moment, before the moment is gone.

Grasp this message Sister My Sister and PASS IT ON



Join me next Friday

Peace & Infinite Blessings

Skyy

1 comment: