Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Films I Wish I Could Watch Right Now

 I want to see Pariah right now. Not in six months where I have to skim through the pages of an annual film festival brochure just for it not to be there.  I don’t want to find out some Monday that Pariah screened quietly the past weekend and the Tivoli Theater is no longer running it.  With that said, Urbalist will post information about films showing in any city but St. Louis as a heads up to flicks that might be of interest to you.  

Pariah is a film showcased at the Sundance Film Festival that tells the story of a teen woman who comes out to her parents as a lesbian.  The protagonist must then negotiate identity development in a culture that can be as binary with its typology of stud and femme as that of heterosexuals with femininity and masculinity.  What else does this film get into? I can't say but check out the trailer embedded in the post

Perhaps director Dee Rees will attract some financiers as the filmmakers of Precious were able to do. Let’s hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment